Young fans of the Animal Planet TV show “North Woods Law” will have the chance to learn some outdoor skills from their favorite Maine Game Wardens again this summer at Camp North Woods.
The Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife debuted the camp in 2015. Campers, in order to build upon the TV show’s popularity, according to the DIF&W.
Held at the University of Maine 4-H Camp and Learning Center at Bryant Pond, the 2016 version of Camp North Woods will consist of two sessions for campers between 8 and 12 years old.
Camp attendees will be selected by a lottery. Each child may enter only once, and a $5 fee will be charged. 120 girls will be selected for a camp that will run from July 17 through July 23, and 120 boys will attend camp July 31-Aug. 6.
Successful lottery entrants will be responsible for covering the $400 camp fee.
Campers will be joined by their parents or guardians on the final day of each camp for a family field day.
The camp’s staff and instructors will include game wardens from “North Woods Law,” along with fisheries and wildlife biologists, recreational safety instructors, and Bryant Pond employees.
According to the DIF&W, 70 percent of campers will be Maine residents, while the other 30 percent will come from outside of Maine. The deadline to apply for entry is April 29.
For more information about Camp North Woods, email Brittany Humphrey at firstname.lastname@example.org.